We've been given a bonza opportunity to live in Sydney for a year and we
sure are gonna make the most of our time Down Under.....let the adventures begin!!!


Sunday 15 July 2012

Not quite grasping the Aussie winter

Not meaning to rub it in or anything but I am still not quite grasping this 'Aussie winter' thing!!! It’s touching 20 degrees and they're all moaning about the cold, coming down with flu and wrapping up in layers of jumpers, scarfs and hats. To top it all off my local bar was this weekend offering up Mulled Wine!!! Can you believe it!!!
 

Mulled wine in this weather

Mind you I have been getting some astonished looks as I wander around town in just shorts and a t-shirt. I have this week been stood in a shop (in my shorts and t-shirt combo) next to a guy in full trench coat style puffer jacket, scarf and woolie hat!!  Come on! It’s not that cold!

I guess to us ‘pommies’ we treasure every bit of sunshine that we are offered as we never know when we’ll see it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment